May 5, 2011

do what you gotta do.

oh my sweet baby james! i've changed locations annually, for the past six years. i'm not the type that likes to be tied down. as made obvious by... quite a lot.  here i am packing up cardboard boxes once again. there's something very interesting and thought provoking about packing everything you own into boxes. so here is a bit of my heart/mind at the present----
*i saw this cute, little chick in San Francisco a few years back. it was a good time.

Oh give me land, lots of land 
under starry skies above
Don't fence me in
Let me ride through the wide open 
country that I love
Don't fence me in
Let me be by myself in the evening breeze
listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees
Send me off forever but I ask you please
Don't fence me in
Turn me loose let me straddle my own saddle
Underneath the western skies
On my cayuse let me wander over yonder
'Til I see the mountain rise
I want to ride to the ridge where the west commences
Gaze at the moon 'til I lose my senses
I can't look at hobbles and I can't stand fences
Don't fence me in
{thank you, mr. cole porter. one of the first great american songwriters. meaning he has a special place in heaven in my book}


where there is love, there is art.

No comments:

Post a Comment