July 19, 2010

k + j

photography by Austin Gros
I will go ahead and admit that I   love these people  big time - Katy and Jordan Phillips. They have been married for a mere month {and i was blessed to be in attendance}, but their love is aged and it is deep. I have been inspired by these two, and for that reason I share them with you... 
q: How did you guys meet?
a: We met in high school when I was a sophomore and Jordan was a senior. The first time he actually noticed me was in the student parking lot after school one day. Being the older and more popular of the two of us, I had definitely noticed him before then.
this picture was taken soon after katy and jordan were engaged. can you tell?
q: Katy, what do you find most attractive about Jordan? Jordan, what do you find most attractive about Katy?
a:K- I find Jordan's confidence and his sensitivity to be the two most attractive things about him. His confidence because it allows him to be the multi-faceted person that he was intended to be without worrying what other people are thinking. And his sensitivity because it allows him to be an extremely compassionate and outwardly loving man (which sadly, seems to be quite rare). 
photography by Austin Gros
J- I think that I would have to say that her kindness, her tenderheartedness and selfless nature would have to be what I find most attractive. Also, she is one the few women that can legitimately make me laugh. She has a wonderfully unique sense of humor
q: Is there a work of art (painting, literature, song, etc.) that best represents your love for one another?
a:"I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand & the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep & there are no words for that." -Brian Andreas

"I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way than this
where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep." 
-Pablo Neruda, Chilean writer and politician
q: What do you think is the key to loving?
a: Always saying your sorry even if you don't mean it... you can always take it back later! {haha. jokes. just kidding.} But seriously, creating the space in your life to love somebody before yourself and remembering to always make your spouse feel like your first priority. Nothing is more important than that.
In addition to being a loving husband to Katy {back story: she was my "little" in my college sorority, Chi Omega}, Jordan is the lead singer of the Nashville band The Four Kicks

where there is love, there is art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment