September 10, 2010

it's all happening.

the. caroline ward.
this little chick has quite a lot going on right now, but in the midst of the madness i got her to tell me a "thing or two." i am so grateful i did. caroline ward was someone i looked up to growing up in the art studio. though we studied at different schools she was mentored/taught art by a dear friend, becky miller, and so i caught glimpses of caroline's art often- only to be blown away. caroline is a very thoughtful artist and that comes across even in a glimpse...
q: what inspires you most?
a: people. Random pieces of paper found in abandoned school houses. Marie Antoinette. Female culture and ritual. The South.
q: fill in the blank. i like to paint/draw ________.
a: Contour lines of anything - usually pinecones.  skin tones - good pinky blueish layers of skin (sounds slightly disturbing, but how does one describe it any other way?)  
q: fill in the blank {again}. i love _________.
a: my mother & thrift stores & kissing & swimming in rivers. If only one answer fits, I'd  have to say "sitting on a rock in the middle of a river with 'the' boy." 
q: random fact about you. answer any way you choose.
a: This one time.... a tiger peed on me at the zoo when I was like six years old. Not kidding. the cage was mesh at one part and it just happened. In one second I was completely soaked.  To my surprise my aunt was the only person who reached out for me to clean me off...Everyone else in the family was laughing too hard. Its my fondest memory of her. 
if you have interest in commissioning the work of the talented, caroline ward, please contact her {carolineeward@yahoo.com} or visit her work at the museum store in montgomery
caroline and her true life LOVE and fiance. 

where there is love {and a means of inspiration}, 
there is art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment